Individual & Corporate Giving Coordinator
LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York
REPORTS TO: Director, Development
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
STATUS: Full Time
Children of Promise, NYC (CPNYC) is a non-profit organization that provides a year-round, unique, integrated academic and enrichment after-school and summer program service model that meets the distinctive needs of children with incarcerated parent(s). CPNYC’s mission is to embrace and empower the children of incarcerated parents to break the cycle of intergenerational involvement in the criminal justice system through guidance, support and access to the necessary resources to effectively develop leadership skills, form positive social relationships and enhance academic performance. Implementing the principles and best practices of youth development, this innovative program infuses a mental health model that offers a New York State Office of Mental Health licensed outpatient treatment program.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
CPNYC seeks a strategic and detail-oriented individual to join the Development Department as the Individual & Corporate Giving Coordinator. Supervised by the Director of Development, the Coordinator will be a self-motivated, confident Development professional responsible for managing CPNYC’s hundreds of annual volunteers, creating opportunities for donor engagement, and managing the individual giving and major gift process. This role will be critical to developing a portfolio that will contribute to CPNYC’s long-term growth strategy. A strong commitment to the mission of CPNYC is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In partnership with the Director of Development and President, this role will:
- Support the Development Associate in the volunteer on-boarding process to build relationships with volunteers and identify a pipeline of donors.
- Manage a portfolio of mid-level donors. Engage key long-term, new, and prospective donors to generate a substantial portion of the department’s annual revenue goal of $1.5 million
- Develop the cultivation, appeal, and stewardship strategy for mid and high level donors.
- Create, execute and track strategy for all donors in assigned donor portfolio. Translate short and long-term strategies into targeted goals and actions to drive donor satisfaction and result in year over year renewals and increases.
- Provide support as needed for E-Board, Women’s Philanthropy Group and Young Professionals Council members.
- Develop and execute a diverse, year-round schedule of events for new donor cultivation and existing supporter stewardship.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development on all corporate partnerships and days of service to ensure that individuals brought in through the corporate pipeline are also cultivated as individual donors.
- Collaborate closely with other members of the Development team and throughout the organization to ensure we are utilizing CPNYC’s resources as effectively as possible to cultivate, steward and solicit support.
- Record accurate and timely data in Salesforce, pull reports as needed and use the database to analyze and evaluate effort.
- Become a CPNYC “expert” and excel in telling our story. Act as a spokesperson for the organization as needed to bring in funding, volunteers, etc. Work closely with various departments of the organization to organize site visits and bring our work to life for donors and prospective supporters.
- Support the Development team in the creation and execution of all volunteer and special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 2-3 years of experience managing volunteers and/or cultivating donors
- Salesforce proficiency is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain donor relationships
- Possess knowledge of individual giving fundraising techniques
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to successfully develop strong relationships with donors and represent the organization effectively to multiple constituents
- Able to handle sensitive donor, programmatic and financial information discreetly.
- Able to operate effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Able to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work effectively with numbers, budgets, and data
- Possess strategic mindset with an ability to think and focus on both the near- and long-term.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment and handle unexpected events
- Available on evenings and weekends for donor visits and events as needed
Children of Promise, NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer