JOB TITLE: HR Director
LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York
REPORTS TO: President
JOB CLASSIFICATION: PT / 10-15 hrs weekly
SALARY: $75.00 per hour
Children of Promise, NYC (CPNYC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to embrace and empower the children of incarcerated parents to break the cycle of intergenerational involvement in the criminal justice system. We offer an innovative and unique after-school program and summer day camp, the only one of its kind in New York City, which offers a New York State Office of Mental Health licensed outpatient treatment program. CPNYC's programs and services are specifically designed to meet the needs, interests and concerns of children left behind by parents serving time in prison.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The HR Director is responsible for providing strategic and tactical leadership for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who is seeking a role that would permit him or her to work with management to enhance and streamline operating processes related to human resource management.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Develops standard operating procedures for conducting exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in the development of performance review process and procedure for the organization.
- Develops a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Participates in weekly executive team meetings.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s in Human Resource Management, Master’s is a plus.
- SHRM CP or other relevant qualification is a plus
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience in human resource management; non-profit experience
- Must be proactive with the enthusiasm to share new ideas and create solutions for HR initiatives
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Great attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant experience working with confidential information; extremely high reliability and integrity
- Excellent team player and be open to working in a fluid, fast paced environment with the ability to be flexible and adjust to claiming demands