LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York
REPORTS TO: Development Director
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time
SCHEDULE: 10am – 6pm
ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND Children of Promise, NYC (CPNYC) is a non-profit organization in Bedford-Stuyvesant (Bed Stuy) Brooklyn, whose mission is to embrace the children of incarcerated parents and empower them to break the cycle of intergenerational involvement in the criminal justice system. CPNYC offers an innovative and unique mental health clinic, after-school program and summer day camp, the only one of its kind in New York City, specifically designed to meet the needs, interests and concerns of children left behind by parents serving time in prison.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
CPNYC seeks a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join the Development Department as a Development Associate. The Associate is responsible for supporting the Director of Development in all areas of resource development while handling key administrative responsibilities. The position will interface with various agency partners and represent a major factor on the team. The Associate will be involved with volunteer management, annual fundraising campaigns, the junior board, corporate partners and grant submissions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Volunteer Cultivation and Engagement
- Create and lead volunteer orientations, attend corporate volunteer fairs and tabling/fair opportunities to inform volunteer groups, corporations, professional associations and affinity groups of engagement /volunteer/ funding opportunities with CPNYC.
- Manage the volunteer and mentor orientation and onboarding paperwork process i.e. applications, background checking forms, phone interview and placement. Record volunteer hours in Salesforce.
- Work under the supervision of the Development Director to execute the volunteer-to-donor strategy, which aims to increase individual donations, matched giving contributions from volunteers and their respective corporations and identifying additional funding opportunities.
- Plan and execute appropriate and meaningful volunteer experiences, donor/ funder collaborations and events at CPNYC with a strategic focus to significantly increase the number of volunteers, corporate engagements and associated funding opportunities.
Fundraising and Development
- Support the overall administrative and fundraising efforts of the Development Department.
- Serve as a member of the Young Professional’s Council and primary point person for all council member communication including (scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, sending reminders, archiving meeting minutes, etc.)
- Spearhead CPNYC’s marathon campaign (submit application, recruit runners, event promotion, cultivate team members, manage onboard process)
- Assist with production of all fundraising events including event planning, coordination, timelines, run of show, committee management, etc.
- Support the submission of foundation requests including proposal writing, scheduling site visits and preparing meeting materials
- Other duties as assigned based on department and/or organizational need.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years experience in nonprofit fundraising and volunteer management
- Proven track record of coordinating successful fundraising events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have advanced Google Drive skills
- Previous experience with CRM databases, such as Salesforce preferred
- Previous experience with Mailchimp and Squarespace preferred
- Great attention to detail, manage multiple projects and respond timely with deadlines
- Relevant experience working with confidential information; extremely reliable
- Excellent team player and be open to working in a fluid, fast paced environment with the ability to be flexible and adjust to claiming demands
- Proven participation and ability to work collaboratively with internal team members and management staff for the purposes of achieving goals/objectives